Monday, October 13, 2008

Erin's TX Cowboy Pie

I think I'll be trying Erin's TX Cowboy Pie this week. Her pic makes my mouth water! Erin is THE genious behind $5 dinners!

10/18/08:
I made this a few nights ago. We didn't eat it that night. My hubby has been working late into the night on OUR house, not wanting to stop for silly things like eating and such, so my wonderful dinners have been left unsampled.
Yesterday, I reheated a bit of this for him and he loved it! I did too, and I'll tell you what my revisions were... (in Bold)

Ingredients:
Leftover Beef Roast I didn't have leftover meat, so browned up about a pound of ground pork that needed to be cooked or frozen.
2-4 T Barbeque Sauce I did have leftover homemade barbeque sauce from my grilled cornish game hen, and used up the rest of that.
3 Large Potatoes
Milk
Butter
Salt/Pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions
1. Boil potatoes, mash with milk and butter until desired creaminess. Add Salt and Pepper.
2. Shred leftover beef and mix with BBQ sauce. Or cook whatever meat you wish to add.
3. Spread mashed potatoes in bottom of 8x8 baking dish. Top with saucy meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
4. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until cheese begins to golden.


While browning up the meat, I forgot I was adding bbq sauce so I added an envelope of taco seasoning to make it a little less dry. I thought about the combination of flavors and decided what the heck...and added the bbq sauce too. It was fantastic!!

No comments: