Friday, October 17, 2008

All about Cranberries

I'm in love with cranberries.
I know.
I tend to exagerate a bit.
But this time I mean it.
I absolutely love taking cranberries and surprising people with the versitality of them. So far, I've come up with Cran-Apple Crisp and some Cranberry Burst Muffins, but I want to really go for it this year, so I went in search of some new-to-me cranberry recipes and boy did I find them!

Simply Recipes has a fantastic recipe for Cranberry Sauce.

I knew I could count on Apartment Therapy for something great! They list a Cranberry Jam that has me breaking out the pots and pans!

And what about Cranberry Salsa?! Never imagined...but Simply Recipes is definitely a creative bunch!

101 Cookbooks has abother Cranberry Jam recipe, loaded with fantastic commentary.

I laughed out loud at the truth to the dilema of the "Morning After Cranberry Sauce Muffins" over at Serious Eats. Indeed, until people give it a chance, there is little love for cranberry sauce.

Kitchen Parade's Cranberry Chutney looks oh-so-sophisticated. (And easy!!)

A shameless little plug...though I don't benefit from it at all...so anyway: I found all of these recipes by typing in "cranberry" to google's Food Blog Search engine. Cool huh?

I also found this beautiful (to me) pic of a New Jersey cranberry bog harvest.

And this site told me it IS possile to can-preserve cranberry products!

That makes me a very, very happy girl!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Mmmm, I made Pumpkin Cranberry Bread last week. If you want the recipe, let me know!