Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bread Machine Magic

I finally broke in my yard sale bread machine the other day and sure enough, the first loaf just dissapeared! That's the only problem with having homemade bread in my house. It just doesn't last as long as store-bought. It seems like the minute it comes out of the oven, half of it is gone! Then before you know it, the other half dissapears!

I swear, my hubby doesn't understand that this bread is just like the other bread - it can be used for sandwiches, french toast, even hamburger buns (in a pinch). But no, he just pops it in the toaster, slathers it with butter and eats it in two bites! I don't know about that boy. I just don't know.

Well, I'm going to try it again with a sweet bread. I tremble to think about how fast this one is going to go! But I'll try it anyway! I found this great recipe for sweet bread, and this other one for Portugese Sweet Bread. But this other one uses the white bread setting on the machine, so I might try that one, because I'm not sure if I have a sweet bread setting on mine.

I'll be sure to set the clock and let you know how long it lasts!

No comments: