Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Black Bean and Salsa Soup

New soup recipe from recipezar by way of Thimbly Things. I can't wait to try this! I think I'll make it tonight...

Ingredients (My Variations in Bold)
3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
2 1/4 cups beef boulion or vegetable stock, which of course I have on hand...
1 1/2 cups thick or chunky salsa
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
6 tablespoons sour cream
3 tablespoons sliced scallions I tend to leave out onions/scallions for my hubby's reflux
6 teaspoons chopped green chili peppers (optional)
I added a bit of Shredded Cheese on top.
Directions
1-Combine beans, boulion, salsa and cumin in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade.
2-Process until smooth (about 1 minute). (I processed so it was in-between smooth and chunky.)
3-Heat in a medium saucepan over medium heat until heated through.
4-Ladle into soup bowls.
5-Spoon a 1 Tbs dollop of sour cream on top of each and swirl gently.
6-Sprinkle with sliced scallions.

No comments: