Thursday, August 21, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese

Seriously.
Wow.

Jenn's All day Mac N Cheese.

I talked about it here on my blog.

10/19/08:
I made this again yesterday with a few twists. First, I can't stress enough how important it is to mix all the ingredients together in a huge bowl before putting it in the crockpot. I don't know why it works, but it was even better this time than ever before! (I've made this quite a few times in the last couple of months.)
Second, I mixed with the milk before adding to the noodles:
1/4 tsp white pepper (I'll probably use 1/2 tsp next time, I couldn't tell it was there.)
1/2 tsp ground mustard (I love adding mustard to my mac n cheese, I've never measured before though. I'll probably use a whole tsp next time.)
And the flour.

Then I took a tip from Rachael Ray and toasted up a couple pieces of bread, slathered them in butter, and chopped them up for breadcrumbs. I would have used a food processor to make them finer, but I don't have one, so that's that.

I wasn't 100% sure I could do this, but I took the "crock" out of the "pot" and slid it under the broiler for a couple minutes and it was ... Scrumptious!!

No comments: