Friday, August 22, 2008

Berry Peachy Tarts

I'm supposed to bring a "non-messy, non-greasy, healthy (if possible) finger-food type snack" to church Sunday.

*sigh*

Can't do my health bars.

Or brownies.

Veggie sticks & dip?
Messy.

How about (drumroll please...)

berry peachy tarts

Yeah, I just came up with that.

Yeah, I do well sometimes.

I wonder if there's already a recipe out there for this.

Probably, but I'm going to do it my way anyhow!

I have phillo puffs in the freezer just waiting for something special!

I'll cut up a fresh peach, then puree it, adding just a touch of lemon juice.

Then I'll quickly bake the puffs, then fill them with the pureed peach and put a berry on top! (Whichever berry is in season right now!)

Voila!

I'll let you know how it went, and hopefully add some pictures, too.

No comments: